Sunday, January 25, 2009

The train festival....

So Buddy and I are both sick. I woke up this morning with a horrid head cold and Buddy woke up with a huge matted dried snotty area on his side of the bed. Yes, he does sleep in my bed while Shane is gone, it makes both of us feel safer and I think that is ok. He's been blowing his nose constantly (thank goodness, no longer on my sheets), since awakening. I asked Buddy what he wanted to do today, indoors of course, since we are nursing our colds, and he said, "Lets have a festival of trains"....


Festival of trains it is, first he had to warm up his trains in front of the heater so they wouldn't be cold(or catch a cold, I'm not sure)...


He played with his wooden train track and then decided we needed a track for his smaller trains so they could be played with more appropriately(his words, not mine). We made our track out of construction paper. Buddy made the tunnels and had the great idea to make the station out of the old glue stick holder.






For lunch we decided to make what my mom always makes me when I'm sick, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Maybe my mom makes it better, or I'm too sick to taste, but not so exciting I must say...


Now we're just watching a Scooby-doo marathon, so I thought I'd show some pictures of some of Buddy's first loves...
Love dad...

Love big brother...




Love of soda(compliments of dad)...

Lastly of course, love of mom...



All in all a super cold-tastic day!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, pretty cool train tracks you guys made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh danni this is the greatest thing ever!!! How fitting is it that your blog name is superfantasticbeeders... I love the l&d pictures of you and buddy, gosh you're so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're nice Heather, do you love the Morphine look in my eyes too?heehee.

    ReplyDelete