Monday, May 9, 2011

Hi Hemi...


Today Buddy got the awesomest of awesome of all packages, a care package from a long lost girlfriend (OK, neither one are lost, just apart) with cards from his old classmates at Dancing Moose. Thankfully, now that we have her address I can mail the card Buddy wrote the first day and then nagged me mercilessly that I hadn't mailed it (that is until I hid it like the Mother of the Year that I am). Let me tell you about this girl, she is one fantastic chick, and Buddy was in love. He told me of all the times he tried to kiss her, I think she always escaped his advances, cause she's a professional go-cart racer. How cool is that? Can you blame him for the chasing? He said he was going to marry her, that is until she came to school one day and smashed his dreams by telling him that her father wouldn't consent to marriage at such a young age (how cute is that)!
The package made his day, if you couldn't tell...


Oh how we miss all our friends from Dancing Moose Montessori, I think the whole lot of them ought to just pick up and move here just for me ( I mean Buddy).
Anyway, after school today and oogling over the fantastic presents, we hopped in the car to join Shane's mom and step-dad in Hilo for a few days. The house we're in is right on the beach, I won't mention that I think my late grandmother must have been the interior decorator from the strange nicknack's, right down to the cushioned toilet seat!!!!! Tomorrow we will be going kayaking so hopefully Buddy will never bring up again the fact that Shane and I went without him once upon a time in Alaska. Look out ocean, here we come (again?), we may even check out the dead whale that washed up on shore near this house. I tried to talk Buddy into going in it's mouth, but he wasn't up for it, but he was up for catching one of these...

So all in all a super fantastic, thank you Hemi and Karen, day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Danni!! You made my day! I can't wait to show Hemi this! She will be so excited.
    I'm so happy he loved his presents! Hemi had to get an orange ant Hex bug just like Buddy's, I opened it she played with it for about 5 mins and decided it was a toy for a boy....LOL! We had so much fun picking out things to send. We even got matching squirt guns like yours. Oh and as far as the kisses.....she never escaped them....in fact I think sometimes she might have been the instigator. She would tell me that Buddy would tell her quietly they couldn't kiss infront of Ms. Laura and Ms. Erin because they didn't want to get in trouble. LOL!! She still tells me Buddy is her boyfriend and they are going to get married.
    She will sigh and say mom I miss Buddy and then tell me we need to go on a vacation to Hawaii and while we are there we HAVE to visit Buddy. Then it turns into we need to move there.
    It would be a blast if the whole class could move there. I'm sure everyone would love it!!
    We will keep in touch, I'll send some pics of Hemi racing.
    I just have to say Danni, YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER!!! Thank you again for reminding me how much fun it is to play with Hemi and feel like a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, you should move to Hawaii, and I'm not the best mom ever I just pose Buddy for pictures to make it look like we're doing something!!!!

    ReplyDelete