Saturday, May 21, 2011

New Master and Chief...

A few days ago while Buddy and I were on a walk/scooter ride we ran into a gang. That's right a gang of Hawaiians on bikes (OK, the gang members were kindergartners and 1st graders on bicycles riding around in circles). Buddy scootered and scootered (I know, I'm totally making up words, just call me Roald Dahl) to keep up with them until nighttime. In the past, Buddy has had a bit of resistance to learning to ride his bike, compliments of a very bad experience with one of his parents trying to teach him to ride (one hint, wasn't me). After Buddy realized the awesomeness of the independence of his own two wheels, we whipped out his bike! Betcha can't guess who is totally awesome at it (I'm not bragging, I'm just relaying the official statement he provided to the people at the grocery store, park, play date, you get the picture). So in the last 2 days we have ridden around for about 6 hours, including some in the dark with our flashlights on! My pachang-chang is sore and Buddy keeps checking his "balls" to make sure they haven't ruptured, although he did tell me that there may be a leak in one (it's smaller than the other). So here is the newest Bike Master and member of the Hawaiian Elementary Bikers Gang...




So all in all a super fantastic, cheers for incentives, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment