Sunday, February 17, 2013

The extended edition.....

So now that I've had a nap (well, if you want to call me tossing and turning while the wind rattled my house making me think it was going to be swept away a la Wizard of Oz style for two hours a nap), I'll complete my earlier post. A friend of mine asked if we'd be willing to host flat Stanley for a while.....Since I sent our Stanley out as a triplet so he could hit Utah, Seattle, and England, I figured fair is fair. So I wanted to make sure Stanley had a good ole' time. First we took him to the black sand beach where we not only saw a sea turtle, but a monk seal....what serious luck.....










It's apparent that Buddy loves his new walking stick that we actually purchased at a road side vendor....

 Not only is it awesome for helping you walk, but it makes a great prop! Literally.....

Then we went to Pahoa to relax in the warm springs.....


Ummm, I think the heater was broken because it wasn't really warm, so we decided to go somewhere we could guarantee to make us sweat.....


Yep, maximum sweat quota reached (by the way, that is not a smile on my face, it's a cringe from being tooooooo hot)! We all poked a stick in the lava, so  we have to think of something to one up that adventure now for Buddy, because completing something so awesome at such a young age really raises the bar on the awesome factor. Buddy loved it so much that he said if he has kids he's definitely taking them to "poke sticks in lava"....I think we have reached a new height in our parenting awesomeness, well at least we did yesterday,. Today I let Buddy watch TV while I slept, so we're back to our mediocrity level! So all in all a super fantastic, adventuring, day. Oh I almost forgot about the part where Buddy and I almost fell to our deaths....
Now it's a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment