Monday, January 20, 2014

Night diving.....

Since Shane's staycation is almost over, we decided to do something unusual.....and head to the beach! Actually, we added a boat to that beach going....
While we were at it, we added some night....and a few lights.....
Then some manta rays....
Which ended with a whole heckuva lotta fun!!!! I cannot begin to express how awesome manta ray night  diving (well, snorkeling) is......or how enormous those things are! They have a 13 feet wing span and they do barrel rolls belly to belly with you! Thankfully, before they let you off the boat they give you a very in depth education about the manta rays, which includes they have no teeth and their esophagus is about the size of a ping pong ball....because holy bananas I had to tell myself that so I would stop freaking myself out whilst lounging in the middle of the ocean....at night....getting very intimate with some manta rays! By far the coolest thing we have ever done!!!!! They even take diving excursions to go head to head with them which beats the pants off of lame old snorkeling! So on Buddy's 13th birthday he's already decided he is getting certified and then we are going manta ray night diving!!!!! I'm thinking that will be the best birthday party yet....I better get to designing my waterproof birthday hats!  So all in all a super fantastic, going to dream about being filtered by a manta ray, day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment