Friday, October 31, 2014

Third times the charm!!!!!

I let Buddy play hooky yesterday from school....that is unless you work for the school board, and in that case, Buddy had the sniffles and had to stay home.  Because of that we missed any announcements regarding costumes for Halloween. The teacher had mentioned that whatever the school announces as acceptable is what he would agree to. Yesterday, Buddy announced that he wanted to be Homer Simpson for Halloween. We ran to Kona to buy a polo shirt and some yellow make-up and ta-da, one Homer Simpson. I decided Homer needed a little Bart to hang out with him, so I stayed up past my bedtime hand stitching a Bart hairdo.  This morning we woke up 30 minutes earlier than usual to get Buddy ready. I painted his whole head yellow, huge white eyes, a scruffy beard, and stuffed his white shirt to give him a more Homeresq look.Then painted my face and donned on my hair crown and we were ready!  Buddy was beaming!!!!! He was sooooo excited about his costume. Then, when we got to school and stood in his class line the other kids said, "Buddy you're going to get in trouble, Mr M. isn't allowing facepaint in class". Errrr, I totally checked the school website and facepaint was allowed....just not in his class. Whoopsy! So Buddy decided that he wanted to run home to wash his face and go for costume number 2. I am so sad that I never got a picture, we were in a hurry to get to school, and then in another hurry to wash off the paint to get to school again! So option number 2 was our original plan Harry Potter...

 Unfortunately in preparation for Homer Simpson, Buddy shaved his head completely bald. I told him he could tell the other kids that Malfoy got a hold of him, but he came up with a better idea. His costume was "Not Hairy Potter"!!!! Smart boy I have there!!! He wasn't uber excited about this costume, I'm just assuming anything other than Homer would just feel like a let down! So I did what any good mother would do and called his BFF's mom to see what they were doing for Halloween to see if we could tag along and turn our frown upside down! Turns out, his mom was planning a Halloween themed dinner before heading out to trick-or-treat. It also turns out that I'm really good at inviting myself to parties (errr, sorry mom, I know you raised me better, but we were eating a meat man and finger bread sticks, I just couldn't help myself). But, more importantly, it also turns out that I make a fantastic Kitty Litter Cake....

 Since the boy wasn't in the mood for being Not Hairy Potter, we did one more wardrobe change. Buddy in his chicken rider costume and I'm a chicken farmer. FYI-Shane refused to kiss me while I was wearing the mustache...I'm kind of offended, I mean I kiss him with a mustache all the time. Turn about is fair play, although to really make it fair my mustache would have to have prickly pines in it to be more comparable! 
Instead of just being lame ole' chicken riders, they upped the ante' to be mobster chicken riders.I'm pretty sure the mob will be investing in chicken riders pronto. It definitely didn't hurt that his BFF was wearing his too!
Now we are home and I've changed my clothes so many times today that I feel like  I'm a little girl again playing in my closet! So all in all a super fantastic, BFF's  always makes things better, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment