Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Camping in the red light district....

After Buddy went on his Cub-o-ree camping trip, he's been begging to go camping again. After all, that was tons of fun, if you like being in a torrential rainstorm. Which, thank goodness, Buddy happens to. No rain this time, just lots and lots of wind. I'm talking about blow you away kind of wind. Most people had their tents tied to the trees and nearby buildings. I'm more of a naturalist I guess, or I didn't have a rope, so I improvised with some nice heavy rocks!

Ask any boy, rocks rock! We played at the beach, since it'd be silly not to since we were on the aforementioned beach....


I would make fun of Buddy for bringing those ski goggles to the beach, but I'm thinking of inventing a pair for the beach! He ended up being the only kid not crying about getting sand in his eyes....my genius, now to steal his idea and make lots of money! Wahahaha (that's my evil laugh).
When we were done with the beach we decided to adventure around the park. That adventure led us to a pole in the middle of nowhere. Of course Buddy, being the boy he is, quickly hopped on the pole. Then he said "mom, do you want me to pole dance for you?". I haven't read a parenting book in a while, so I'm a little rusty. I just couldn't quite come up with the appropriate response to that one!



Then we climbed a tree to watch the sunset. Well, it was a good idea, until I realized we had a great view of branches instead of the sunset. Oh well, the sun sets every day and how often do you get to climb one of these behemoth things?

Buddy then adopted himself into a nice Hawaiian family and roasted marshmallows with them. That would be before and after a few rounds of laser tag (thanks Santa)...

When we woke up this morning (let me mention someone slept like a rock, whilst someone else fretted a little too much about the windstorm), our neighbor caught an eel. It was awesome, Buddy not only got to see and touch the eel, but watch his head and spine being cut out! Yay, now his dream has come true...

Now what good is an eel head if you don't have a stick?

That's better! Now that we've returned home, we invited a friend over to do some expansion work on the trench under our house...

So all in all a super fantastic, vacation, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment