Thursday, December 1, 2011

Parenting 101....

This afternoon, the school nurse called me to tell me that Buddy got a black eye during recess (it's still a great mystery how it happened). So, I did what any great parent would do, I went boogie boarding with some friends that are visiting. Of course my thoughts were of this cutie patootie ...

Of course those thoughts were along the lines of...too bad Buddy has to go to school, he's missing out! It wasn't as bad as the nurse made it seem on the phone anyway, wait was I helping my cause with that statement?
Anyway, after such a trying day at school, I treated my boy right! I let him ride up to Mauna Kea (that'd be the world's tallest mountain) in the back of our friends rental Jeep. Did I mention that the Jeep was 4WD, and convertible? Did I also mention it's freezing on top of Mauna Kea....and the convertible top remained down?...

The boys had to make a pit stop to play with technology and throw some rocks! Thankfully not at the same time ....



What is it about boys that they see a large cliff they insist something must be done about it?
We reached the top, got lightheaded and the giggles (which was coldly fantastic)...

Then I had an epiphany that I'm really more of a warm beach person than a cold mountain person (wait, that's not new news either, dang must be the lack of oxygen still affecting my head)!
All in all a super fantastically, glad I'm warm again, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment