Monday, July 16, 2012

Bachelor Pad.....

Buddy babysat himself for 2 hours this morning during a time gap of me coming home from a night shift and Shane going to his day job (I'm not telling what his night job is, but it's pretty awesome). As a family, we decided we'd forgo waking up a babysitter to take the boy to and instead let him sleep in(which he does very well). It was a good plan, until about 10pm on my night shift and I started to do the mama stressing.....what if he wakes up scared, what if there was an earthquake, what if the house magically imploded? I was quite stressed and the kind nurses that I was working with let me give my change of shift report first so I could skedaddle home fast.....if you work in the Medical field then you know that as soon as you plan something the flood gates open! Grrrrr, Shane assured me when he left Buddy was sleeping and was doing just fine, not that the sentiment helped me on my 30  minute drive home. When I got home Buddy was cuddled up on my bed sleeping soundly.....then he continued sleeping soundly until 10am, at which point he woke up and expressed his disappointment that I was there and ruined all his "bachelor" fun! Sheesh, talk about a  disappointing greeting. To think I stressed the whole way home that he was going to be crying and afraid. At one point he asked me if I wanted to go run some errands so he could have the house to himself again! Hmmmph, guess I know my place now that Buddy is all grown up....

Well, maybe not too grown up! So all in all, surviving the house implosion, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment