Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Watering hole....

Yesterday Buddy and I went into Waipio Valley for girls camp. Buddy whined at the thought of having to hang out with a bunch of "teenage girls".....Seriously, where does the kid get this stuff? Anyway, he quickly changed his mind as soon as we started the treacherous drive down into the valley. Honestly, what kid doesn't love a scary, literally cliff-hanging 15 minute drive? My white knuckles thoroughly enjoyed the ride too. Anyway, the property that we stayed on had rope swings, rivers that we actually drove our car through, then went night prawning in, wild horses, plenty of room to ride the "dirt bike" (Buddy's newest camping accessory), and my personal favorite.......not one, but TWO flushing toilets (you can tell where my priorities lie). Since we left to go to the campsite Monday morning after I had only napped 2 hours after a night shift, I was clearly not thinking clearly and I forgot my camera....so the only picture I have is of  us about to cross one of the rivers to go back home....
Dang me and my memory, I really wanted to rub it in with some awesome pictures, cause I'm mature that way! Anyway, we had to leave this morning and go pick up Kevin at the airport. Kevin was hungry when we picked him up, so we drove him to a local taco shop so he could eat like a local? Hmmmm, anyway, Buddy was really, really thirsty, so I found him a local watering hole....

Thank goodness he didn't get his pants wet....





Errrrrr, what was I saying? So all in all a super fantastic, well hydrated, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment