Sunday, April 21, 2013

Back with a vengeance...or perhaps just a sunburn....

Yesterday was Buddy's Makahiki. I was nervous we might not be able to make it because he'd been sick all week, but then again I'm the Cub Master and whoever heard of Cub's without a Master so I was determined to go. Anyway, I woke up the boy at the crack of dawn so we could set up our booth. It was awesome, no complaints, he started playing with his friends that showed up to help us......and then........we stood in our little pack lineup for the opening ceremony. About 5 minutes in, while we are all suffering through the heat and some serious droning of words, I get a tug on my sleeve and sweet little "auntie Danni, I think something's wrong with Buddy", then look to see my boy sprawled on the concrete below.  Errrr, was I suppose to actually keep an eye on the kids? (Ok, I'm still kind of giggling about how cute he was  and I'm pretty sure I can win Mother of the Year with that attitude alone). Anyway, we hightailed it out of there and out of the hot sun! Buddy's BFF Tyler made sure to report that Buddy came in 3rd for the Wolf Pack heat....yay, Buddy (thanks Tyler). Tyler's mom was good enough to take pictures of our Cub Scouts vs. Zombies booth, but I don't have them yet, just imagine in your head some serious awesomeness and that's totally what it was! Since Shane's mom,  sisters and their families are in town and we really haven't seen much of them, we decided to grace them with our presence and cool down in their pool (we're good relatives to have you know)....
Just ask us,  we will use your pool and then jump into your photos at any opportunity we can get...
Thank goodness for relatives you can mooch off of in a heat exhaustion emergency! Buddy is still saying he doesn't feel good, but then again I did just put a weeks worth of homework to be completed in front of him and complaints are his usual M.O., so I'm thinking we're in the clear. So all in all a super fantastic, back to the land of the living, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment