Saturday, September 21, 2013

Marching orders....

When I was in first grade, I may or may not have led my teacher to believe that I was marching in a parade.... in the front.... as the head baton twirler (I may have been a pathological liar..the baton twirler thing  is nothing compared to the time I told my classmates  I was in the Olympics when I was in second grade) . Today all my parade marching dreams came true....
Of course instead of me in a baton twirler uniform, I was dressed along the lines of this....
Errrr, it really didn't live up to all my childhood dreams, but maybe because I wasn't wearing a sparkly dress and holding a baton. No worries, at Christmas there is another parade held at twilight and one of the other moms has always wanted to make a float! Yay, I get to live out another childhood dream of riding on a float during a parade!!!!I wonder if the boys will mind very much if I crown myself as a princess and wear the frilliest dress I can find and do a continuous princess wave while we go along the parade route? Ahhh, I'm sure they'll be down with that! In other news, I decided since walking slowly in a parade wasn't enough torture for these boys, I should experiment with water chamber torture tactics....
It was raining and they still wouldn't let me "rain on their parade"! Silly boys! In other news, Buddy got a new pet today....
In other, other news, mysterious  miniature smelly packages wrapped in aluminum foil have been found all over my house! So all in all a super fantastic, living the life I always lied about, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment