Thursday, May 12, 2016

Appreciating Nature....

Last week when Buddy and I went to Kalopa State Park, we noticed that to the side of the park was a Hunter's Access Station. At the entrance of the station posted the clear rules that  hunters are only allowed to hunt only with bows and arrows and knives and kill no more than one pig and two goats per day!  Needless to say, the little Budster was thrilled with this little detail and insisted we return to go hunting! I decided that it probably didn't matter too much that we don't have hunting licenses since I assumed the boys would be too loud to get close enough to kill anything....a point I decided not to share with the boys since they were more than excited to pack in all of the weaponry they could find, heck, even I was packing a sword....just in case.....




The boys successfully killed two fallen trees using their mad sword swinging and arrow shooting skills! In other news, Buddy got accepted into a charter middle school 30 minutes away yesterday that has an awesome STEM based curriculum. That's even after I confessed to the Principal that Buddy doesn't like to do his homework and ended up missing 22 days of school this year! All I can think is that she must appreciate the honesty.....or Buddy's fantastic qualities outshine those minor details! I'll go with the because he is fantastic answer...and he's excited about the new school he's starting next year. So all in all super fantastic, Buddy's fantastic, day! 

1 comment: