Friday, July 8, 2011

Nervous Nellie?

Dear mom,
This post is for you. Today, we went kayaking. I tried to rent a double kayak so all three of us could have a seat, but they said the currents were too rough and that they weren't renting them today. Well, Kevin went out for 4 whole minutes (I'm thinking not so much a water fan), then I took Buddy out for a spin to the entrance of the bay. When we got to shore, he decided he hadn't had enough of his turn, so he went for about 30 minutes more. I wanted to show you a picture of him all alone in the middle of the very large bay, just tootling around in our kayak. Unfortunately, I have a bit of your Nervous Nellie genetics and instead of wheeling a camera, I was standing in the ocean neck deep ready to swim out and catch my boy if he got swept up by a strong current. Never fear, he is fantastic and although my mama instincts were screaming loudly that 6 year old's probably shouldn't be in the middle of the ocean by themselves, I let him go. That just reconfirms that on our 10th birthday (OK, Buddy's, mine was 8 years ago!) we will become the newest members of the Waikoloa Canoe Club! Yep, he is just that awesome!

I'm so glad I finally found a water sport that he likes (insert sarcastic voice here)!


Poor guy, just seems to have such a miserable time in the ocean!
So all in all a super fantastic, paddling through, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment