Friday, August 19, 2011

Bragging rights....


Yesterday Buddy had a friend over to play. During their "manly" conversations I overheard Buddy bragging about his girlfriend Hemi... you know the girl that races go-carts. On Monday Hemi starts her first day of first grade, so Buddy called her to wish her luck. Wanna know what I overheard during that conversation (which by the way was on speakerphone and filled with all kinds of funny quips by a certain little man related to me). "Hemi, I can't wait to marry you so we can have the kiss of our lives"! Seriously?
Of course later he confided that he's already snuck some kisses, but watch out for those fireworks during their wedding. Reminds me of a Sandra Dee movie, complete with Buddy losing a shoe and kicking his foot up when he kisses Hemi (tell me I'm not the only Sandra Dee fanatic that understands this reference).
Well Hemi, we hope you have a great first day of school, and Buddy wishes he were there to give you a good luck kiss!
So all in all a super fantastic, kissy kissy, day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love Buddy!! Hemi was so excited that he called!! I loved to hear them giggle!! She can't wait to marry him too :) Great
    Ok on a more serious note......I miss Dancing Moose....and Ms Laura and Ms Erin.......What is it with yelling????? Well little did I know that if you send the recomended water bottle it had to be filled and the pencils needed to be sharpened before hand....she said Mom she wouldn't let me sharpen my pencils I said I'm sorry Hemi bring them home and we will sharpen them she said Mom she won't let me......I said oh did she take all of your pencils and put them in one pile she said NO I just can't bring them home. Then I asked so how was school lunch she said OH MY GOSH Mom I loved the Chicken sandwich it was so good but I miss Chef Renee, I said I know he was really good, what did you think about the cafeteria and in a very quiet voice she said I don't like that place it's scary......there was this lady in there and she whistled really loud and then when we were all quiet she raised her voice really really loud.
    Then she was a mess later, went through the crying, laughing, sobbing and then laughing again. UM..... I don't think she takes change very well. I know she will make it through this but I'm wondering if I will......I think I'm having a harder time with her going to a new school than she is. I think I am ready to be a stay at home mom!
    Hope everything is great!!! Can't wait to come see you!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I miss Dancing Moose big time too! I have no idea why people think it's OK to yell to kids/near kids/around kids, it just scares them and intimidates them. Hopefully it gets better, it took Buddy quite a while to get adjusted too.

    ReplyDelete