Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dr. Seuss?

Yesterday when Buddy came home from school, I had him read THE CAT IN THE HAT to me. I think that must have put him in a whimsical Seussy mood cause when he woke up this morning (6:48, not that I was cringing in horror at the earliness of it), he asked for green eggs and ham...

Shhhh, don't tell him we didn't have ham so it was turkey instead. He also asked me to pack him a lunch. He usually just buys his lunch, but every once in a while he gets a kick out of taking his lunch. It must've been quite a while since the last kick, since I found an old stinky lunch in his lunch box. I'll just say gross and move on the the next subject, which will be girlfriends. Buddy told me last night that he has a new girlfriend named "Marine", she's the one that he put his arm around and waited with while her sister was coming to get her. I asked him what happened to Jasmine (the one from two weeks ago). "Oh, she's my ex-girlfriend now". Really, my boy is that much of a player that by month's end he'll have "dated" all the girls in his class? Yeah, probably. His teacher was sitting beside me while we watched Buddy busting the moves on Marine, she suggested Shane give him some lessons. I don't think he needs them, and I'm starting to think that perhaps I don't have that 10 years to wait to worry about my boy getting into trouble with the girls, it's starting now.
So all in all a super fantastic, why is he growing up, day

No comments:

Post a Comment