Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Word to your...Den Mother?

After Buddy's daily date with Elise yesterday...

Buddy and I went to a meeting. The meeting consisted of talking about bows and arrows, camping and shooting rifles. Buddy was in boy heaven. OK, he didn't really care about the camping or bows and arrows too much, or maybe he did, but the excitement was covered by the mention of shooting rifles frequently. My boy is now an official cub scout...

Who knew they were so NRA friendly? Unfortunately, during the excitement I made eye contact with the BSA representative and am now the den mother for 5 little tiger cubs! Hmmm, that will teach me to look interested! Buddy is super excited about this new position for me and proceeded to jump up and down, telling everyone that I was his mother until we left the meeting 30 minutes later. I'm glad Buddy is so proud of me, I'll totally take it while he's dishing it out (I'll store the memories for those teenage years when he has me drop him off blocks away from where he's going because he's embarrassed to be seen with me....er, I would never have done that). In other news, in response to my last post, my dad called me noble and graceful (he also said that I was beautiful, smart and his favorite kid, at least that's what I was reading between the lines). Thanks dad for always having my back!
So all in all a super fantastic, roaring, day!

1 comment: