Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cultured?

Buddy has to turn in a project this week where he presents an item from either his culture, his parents culture or his grandparents culture. Wednesday he turns in the project and then on Friday they are having a cultural party and bringing in a food item from their culture to share. For a week now he's been talking about taking Kentucky Fried Chicken to the party....which I'm assumed meant he was  sold on talking about the South. Apparently I was mistaken because today he tells me he's talking about Mormonism and is going to take the Sacrament to share with everyone. Hmmmmm. Errrrrrrrr. Ummmmm. Yep, I'm speechless, let's look at a picture of Buddy in a dress.....
Ok, he's in a towel, but you're not thinking about Buddy taking the Sacrament to school anymore are you? Doh! Now you're thinking about it again! No worries though, when he returned home from soccer practice I had a lump of coal sitting out and he immediately started writing his paper about coal mining in the south! Super score!!!! Awesome Me=1, Awkward Conversation=0. In other news, we're going to a play on Friday and we couldn't be more excited. We got a flyer in the mail from the theater in Kona advertising several plays they are planning to put on this year and Buddy got super excited and begged to go see a few. This is the first in a long line of what I'm hoping to be awesome plays! I'm just waiting for him to ask to audition to be in one, because according to what Buddy told me last week, all kids want to be on TV so they can be famous! Hmmm, who knew? Of course, I just wanted to be the President when I was his age, so I probably wanted to be famous and have power! So all in all a super fantastic, cultured, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment