Monday, October 28, 2013

Mustache Bash....

Buddy had his birthday party today, he decided he should dress in style for the occasion....
One of these days I'll introduce him to something called a white shirt, because he apparently doesn't realize they actually go under coats, but whatever, he was rocking it! Buddy had wanted a mustache themed party so we went all out.....well, if you call giving all the team members nicknames of mustaches, then we totally went all out....
First we played a game of "mustache dash", each kid had to wear a mustached clothespin on their right shoulder and try to steal everyone else's away. Errrrrm, in case you were wondering, being the first out at your own party is kind of a downer....but on the upside, he makes a really cute Snot Mop!
Next we played a game of "elephant smash and bash" (at least bash went along with the theme)....

Then we played a little round of "sticky stache", the kids really got into this one!





Is it just me, or does looking at these pictures make you realize the power of being an adult? Really? Please come to my party and smear sticky junk on your face and then shove your face into some cotton so not only will you be sticky, but you'll be annoyingly sticky....trust me, it'll be fun!
Since their faces were already a mess, I decided that I should probably get their hands messy too, just to complete the ensemble.....thus a game of "find the stache" (aka hidden rings inside of a cake topped with an entire can of whipped cream....also known as awesome!)



Since the kids were needing a bath by this point, we played a game of "splash the stache", unfortunately I think my professional cameraman (Shane) decided to take a break at this point, so no pictures to document it. Just picture huge shaving cream mustaches getting hit by sponges thrown by exuberant children! Then we did a little "mustache catch" which was more of a catching a water balloon in a bucket marked with a mustache (I mean we have a theme for a reason, right?)
Well, then you know what happens after the water balloons get busted out, right?



Buddy's teacher even made an appearance (when I was in 3rd grade I was convinced that teachers lived at school and never left, much less made an appearance at a party). The kids were more than excited.....to pummel him with sponges soaked in shaving cream.....

After the cake, the straggler party goers decided they should join the dark side for a while....
No worries, they returned to the force pretty quickly and actually cleaned up all the shaving cream and cake smearings left in my cul de sac without me even asking. I do believe the force is strong in the young ones! So all in all a super fantastic, totally bashed, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment