Monday, October 7, 2013

STEM....

Buddy's school is out for fall break for the week. Somehow, I didn't know about this unexpected break until this past Thursday!  I decided since his school didn't give me advance warning about school being out(well, they did, but does anyone really look at those schedules?),  I wouldn't give the school advanced warning that he was still going to go! I totally snagged a spot late last night with a week long STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) Camp at the high school!  I missed Buddy ALL DAY LONG (well, except for the parts I was sleeping), but when he came home he was decked out like this....
That's him with his commemorative Camp T-shirt,  commemorative Camp bag, commemorative Camp water bottle and preliminary plans for a Jet Star he is planning to build. He also came home with a flashdrive with the beginnings of a video game he's designing this week....
He's not super excited or anything! With all this learning you'd think he was turning into an evil genius or something.....well, until you open his notebook where he's suppose to write all of his fantastic ideas for his creative process for the week....
Well, at least he wrote something during the school break, I'll just look at that silver lining! He told me today they also got to build Lego Robots, had a competition building the highest tower with only string, duct tape, pasta and marshmallows and made bows and arrows out of sticks!!!! Not too shabby (of course the price was not too cheap, but hey, I'm impressed so far)! So all in all a super fantastic, commemorative, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment