Monday, October 29, 2012

8th Annual Birthday Extravaganza.....

Buddy has had one fun filled day, and I'm slightly exhausted! He drove himself to school in style...
We were both so excited about the balloons that we totally forgot his backpack. Oh well, you don't actually need  your books for school right? (That's Buddy's friend Tommy that hitched a ride home after school).  Shane and I joined him for lunch....
Apparently taking a picture outside of the cafeteria is what all the cool kids do! After lunch, Buddy's teacher let me do some science experiments with the kids. Lets just say that red cabbage, baking soda and vinegar met with high approval from all of Buddy's classmates, of course I'm sure the mentos explosions in soda didn't hurt! Lastly the party. We made team forts of of some boxes I bought Saturday (thank goodness the neighbor kids came over to help me cause massive winds and boxes don't mix too well). Then the kids played, and played, and played, and played (my friend Akiko took the pictures because I was stuck on the grill since Shane was at a work meeting, but the kids said they had a great time....which was also apparent by the fact that none of the kids would stop playing to come and eat until it was pitch black outside)....






(The girl in the green sweater is Zoe, Buddy gave her the army man snow globe he made yesterday, I think she was impressed!)


I think it went rather well, I feel bad though because I forgot to mention no presents and Buddy got quite the haul! Which I wouldn't feel so bad about if I also didn't have people bring a side dish to share......errrr, big oopsy..... at least Buddy had fun...

 I'm still reeling in guilt. Oh well, I always have next year to get it right! So all in all super fantastic, still trying to get it right, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment