Saturday, October 27, 2012

Best laid plans....

This morning we had tons to do! I had to run to Kona (45 minutes away) to buy some printer ink, grub for my boy's birthday party, and some awesome fort building materials for the aforementioned party (if you're a bazillionare reading this, I would personally appreciate a real store in town, but maybe that's just me). Then we had to hurry home and make chili (errrr, it's called making it when you open a can and throw it in the crock pot right), keep printing things for the trunk or treat, unpack our massive purchase, then repack our necessities for the trunk or treat....
Unfortunately with all my thoroughness with making sure the Budster had everything he needed, I totally forgot my dress! Oh well, after my initial desire to cry (cause in case you hadn't noticed I really love Halloween and pictures, combine the two and it's like my own personal heaven), I made do with what I had. Of course Buddy didn't care at all! He refused to do any of the carnival activities, because apparently sitting in a cardboard space ship is a lot more fun! He also sat in it through the meal, and then, when he did get out for the costume parade he high tailed it back into his spot so he could pass out our treats! Yep, the boy didn't go gather any candy, because passing out was just too much fun! I'd like to pretend here that it's because my boy is a giver....instead of the truth, which is pretend space ships tops anything else when you're 7....and a boy.....and Buddy! In other news, my boy will be 8 in 2 days, woohoo! So all in all a super fantastic, writing lists next time, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment