Friday, March 25, 2011

Creative genius and the Jane Fonda workout...

So Buddy had the day off of school today (seriously he's almost as lucky as I am when it comes to working since he has a 4 day weekend after barely starting up from the return of spring break)! Since last night he built a robot from a kit I picked up for him at the hardware store in Waimea (it was a 30 minute drive, I couldn't just fill up the propane tank and drive away, right?), this morning he came up with a fantastic idea to build another robot and have them fight. Sadly, I think we left our craft supplies in Utah so all we had was some tape and construction paper, but that didn't stand in Buddy's way!




His battling reminded of BATTLEBOTS, you know where grown men build robots to conquer other robots. Hmmm, seems as if the male mentality might not mature so much past the age of 6, that or Buddy is just ahead of his time!
So after I introduced him to BATTLEBOTS on my iPhone, he went into his newest love, his own personal "man cave" and watched a few episodes...

Afterwards, I decided to do a workout video to try to get a little more (OK, a lot more swimsuit worthy). Buddy was my professional water boy, giving me gulps of water (whether I wanted them or not) through the entire thing. When I laid down to do some stretching exercises, Buddy was sure to let me know I was fat "there, there and there", pointing out my thighs at this point! How helpful! Then he tried to show me up, OK he did show me up by doing the video with me and asking me why I was grunting so much! All that exercising made me feel like eating healthier, it made Buddy feel like licking his plate clean...

So all in all super fantastic, battling (robots and fat), day!

No comments:

Post a Comment