Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mauna Kea...


Today we took a trek to the world's tallest mountain. Yeah, we're cool like that, no big deal. All I have to say is IT WAS FREEZING! Oh, and the super fancy telescopes they let us use to see the super moon tonight was pretty fantastic! First, there was a cultural celebration with story telling, dancing, chanting and a competition of strength...

(Do I embarrass Buddy now and let everyone know a girl beat him, ahhh, there's plenty more embarrassment to come with being my kid,so I'll ease him into it)!
Then there were the telescopes, lots of them, huge and fantastic (and quite expensive I'm sure)...

In other news, Buddy has had a headache for two days. Last night he had a high fever with his headache. So of course after leaving Meningitisville just a few months ago I was up all night checking on him. When I told Buddy this morning I was really tired
from checking on him through the night (OK, he slept in my bed, but I was constantly checking his breathing and temperature-by hand, I'm a human thermometer you know) Buddy asked me what I would have done if he had stopped breathing, so I told him I'd do artificial respiration's and call 911. Sweet boy immediately gave me a hug and told me that was the nicest thing anyone had ever said to him! Maybe I do have that Mother of the Year in the bag after all!
So all in all a super fantastic, glad we packed our coats and Tylenol, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment