Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Whose afraid of the dark?

Last night before Buddy fell asleep he told me he wanted to go explore some caves. While he was at school today I did some research, which eventually landed us at a 25 mile long lava tube at...

The entrance is lush and beautiful and very inviting (and extremely inviting for a mini photo shoot)...





Buddy and I were quite brave, just he and I, alone in a cave, in the dark, all alone, by ourselves, in a cave, a deep, dark cave, just him and me. (Can you tell where I'm going with this?)

So we went about 100 yards, then decided we were slightly chicken (of course, I was just being a good parent and leaving on Buddy's behalf). We did turn our flashlights off to prove how cool we are. Then we had a little picnic in the sunlight. So we've added Kaumana Caves to the list to be conquered, of course with my Knight in Shining Armor in tow (don't judge me, the lava flow made freaky looking formations)!
So all in all a super (well, almost super, I got a speeding ticket on the way home) fantastic exploring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment