Monday, March 28, 2011

Waipio....

Since Shane and Buddy had the day off and I got some time off for good behavior we decided to go for an adventure. We ended up in Waipio, and it was fantastic, well, it is now that I've showered and gotten sand out of some very fancy places. It was beautiful and sadly my iPhone pictures do it absolutely no justice!
Here we are, young (well, at least one of us) and naive thinking that the 1 1/2 mile hike down a steep cliff is a good idea!

Thankfully one of us had our senses about us and thought walking backwards wouldn't make our knees feel like jelly (seriously it worked, and then remined me of the old ladies on the treadmill, oh the aspirations!).

Back in the day you weren't even allowed to go there unless you were royalty or you were invited by royalty! Thank goodness Buddy invited us to the Valley of the Kings...

His Highness loved playing in the black sand beach, but seriously it's water, he would love it even in a tub...

We were feeling like such great explorers that we decided to make the track to Hillawe Falls...

It was quite the trek, the kind that Buddy and I like, lots of water to hike through...

Unfortunately after walking a mile and still feeling like we had a long way to go with a 6 year old, a 1 1/2 mile climb up a steep hill and nearing sundown, we did my momma proud and retreated!
Next time Hillawe we will conquer you and all your wonderful glory!
In other news, since we had plenty of time to talk, Buddy once again requested we adopt a boy his age. He's got some talent, he was listing off the reasons why the request was purely for me. You know, I could "spend more time doing mommy things and not playing with me (Buddy)". Hmmmm, I thought playing was a mommy thing, I better reread my manual because I must be doing a lot wrong!
So all in all a super fantastic family adventure day!

No comments:

Post a Comment