Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Always the gentleman....

This morning I arrived home from work, excited to hit the sack, and was warmly greeted by this snot nosed kid.....

Shane left for work with the boy being "babysat" by the television until I got home. Of course, being the fine parent that he is, Shane told Buddy if he got scared he could go to the neighbor's house.....yep, we are striving for a whole new level of awesome parenting over here! Perhaps we should write a book? Anyway, Buddy and I watched TV WAY TOO MUCH today!  This evening, one of my friends needed me to watch her kids for a little bit, and since her kids were sick too, we just had a sickie party for all! When she came to pick them up, my little boy was the most perfect gentleman (not that I'm enormously biased or anything). She's 35 weeks pregnant and was also joining in on the sickie party. Buddy got her a drink, gave her tissues when she was sniffling and then even took her a trash can so she could throw her tissues away (without me even asking)! I was impressed, then I was wondering why he doesn't do that for me! Just kidding, I was really impressed about how thoughtful he was! Now I'm going to find him a top hat and  monocle to complete his ensemble....and a mustache, but that goes without saying! So all in all a super fantastic, sickin' it up, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment