Saturday, January 19, 2013

Eating our words....

I woke up to this pleasant sight this morning...
Which quickly turned into a request for me to join him in some Lego mania. I complied, but obviously not well enough. After I finished creating my masterpiece, Buddy told me that his friend that was over yesterday did a much better job! Not one to be shown up by an 8 year old, I quickly had my boy eating his words....
Then later on he kicked my butt in checkers....
Still not sure how that happened, but I read an article about how during the first year of menopause your brain gets really foggy. I'm not a doctor, but I could play one on TV, so I'm totally diagnosing myself with a case of the menopausal stupids! In other news, Buddy is at a birthday party for one of his classmates and I left him.....without me......by himself at the party. Of course he was telling me I could go, but I'm just wondering if it will be awkward when I go to parties and stay with him when he's in high school AND in college? (Truthfully, I didn't know the mom very well hosting the party, but one of the other moms I do know and trust was there and staying, which is the only reason I'm not currently embarrassing him in front of his friends)  So all in all a super fantastic, getting stuffed, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment