Friday, January 18, 2013

Audio?

Today when I picked up Buddy from school, we decided to stop by the school library and pick up some books to read for the weekend. Whilst I was perusing the Hardy Boy series, Buddy got distracted by the audio book section (well, I'm not sure if it really counts a section since they only had 5 audio books). He picked a book with  the "manliest" sounding title, since they were all missing their descriptions on the back. Thank goodness the librarian is a softy for my boy and let him check it out since they are usually off limits for second graders! Buddy began his enjoyment of the audio world immediately in the parking lot....
Then he enjoyed it on my countertop....
Then he enjoyed it once again while stealing my BLS (CPR) manual that I was reading....
He finished the whole book today, although I wouldn't ask for a book report any time soon because all I got out of him was that it was good, about a Manta and a 16 year old diver. Perhaps that's all you really need to know?  In other news, Buddy's school did a peace walk for Martin Luther King, Jr. day....
When I asked him about that, he at least knew that Martin Luther King, Jr.  gave some speeches and he got shot. Hmmmm, perhaps I need to rethink my above statement about the book if that's all my boy can come up with on Martin Luther King! So all in all a super fantastic, hearing it, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment