Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Lab partners....

Sunday was my 12th year anniversary. I usually post something to celebrate the occasion....but I'll be honest, I was a little peeved that my husband is about as romantic as a box of rocks. Honestly, I should have been happy I didn't get a box of rocks for my anniversary gift. Somehow, every year, I wake up with a temporary case of amnesia thinking my husband is going to woo the pants off of me (errr, pretend I didn't write that mom and dad). I think I'm going to wake up to roses, expensive jewelry and a long walk on the beach (OK, I just don't understand not getting the last one, I live on Hawaii for goodness sake).  Shane is not that kind of man, never has been and even if I'm married to him for 50 more years he will never be that man. 
Anyway, we have been trying very hard to get pregnant....not that we haven't tried for the last 9 years, but with me turning 42 this year I feel like we have suddenly turned into a football team with only 2 minutes left on the clock and we are down 1 (OK, let's pretend I actually understand football lingo). Anyway, we've been getting some help from science, physics and the general medical world. Today while Shane was helping me out with this months' attempt, I thought....he may not be romantic, but he is a really great science partner, and that's way better than roses! So all in all a super fantastic, hopefully acing our science exam, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment