Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thank goodness for Buddy(s).......

I had a bad day at work the other night (somehow it didn't even have anything to do with patient care, which I actually think makes it worse, since I think bureaucracy is the dumbest reason to cry about work). Thank goodness I have one of these to make it all better....
That's a self portrait of my boy by the way, I have at least 20 more just like it. Anyway, I've been mad/sad, etc... and going over the whole situation over and over in my mind, then I ran across this quote on Pinterest (thank goodness for pinterest too I guess)..."You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. There is no need for you to be a scrub. Respect yourself. Do not feel sorry for yourself. Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you. Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart."  
Someone had compiled a bunch of President Hinckley's quotes and it was just what I needed! Anyway, I decided to add it here since I have no where else to put it, you're totally welcome! In other news, Buddy is doing a social studies project where he has to show an artifact and explain how it relates to our family. My parents were kind enough to send us a bunch of pictures of "antiques" so Buddy could pick something, although I'll just have to put it out there that he was quite disappointed that there wasn't a grenade/tank/bomb (insert insanely awesome yet dangerous military object here) just sitting around in the family vault to be passed down through the generations! Anyway, he saw my dad's slide ruler and immediately fell in love (which is a good thing for this project). Buddy is planning on putting pictures of my dad on the display and my dad was nice enough to comply and provide us with quite a few from his military days. Once again, Buddy was soooooo stinkin' excited that after I printed off the pictures, Buddy decided he should make copies, more copies, and then some more copies. Errrr, well, at least he's well versed on the copy function of our printer! So all in all a super fantastic, loving my boy, day!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had a bad day. That quote is awesome, I need to remember that more often. You are one of the most amazing people I know. :)

    ReplyDelete