Saturday, September 1, 2012

Butt kickings.....

Today Buddy had a soccer game. I'll admit he's not the best player in the world, but the association is all about playing and having fun, not winning. Unfortunately, one of his team mates doesn't agree and frequently gets mad and yells at his teammates when he thinks they did a play wrong. His coach doesn't allow that kind of behavior and the kid (who happens to be his son), gets in trouble.....of course his kid is smart and doesn't yell around his dad, unfortunately I'm watching my kid, listening to my kid....basically glued to my kid's every move, so whenever he gets yelled at, I cringe on the inside and even get a little (OK a lot) mad! I was so upset when the game was over today,  I thought about letting the coach know what I thought about his bully of a son. Instead my boy taught me a huge lesson. A kid from the other team walked by and Buddy immediately walked up to him, put his arm around him, started giggling and said "wow, you guys really kicked our butts today, that was  so awesome". It was as simple as that. He didn't care, or he did, but he didn't let it affect his attitude. So now I've vowed that I really need to grow up to be a little more like Buddy. Seriously, who wouldn't want to be as awesome as this....




I have to admit, he's something special! So all in all a super fantastic, great attitude, day!

No comments:

Post a Comment